Monde Biscuit Indonesia, one of Khong Guan biscuits subsidiary that has been trusted for more than 40 years, today officially launched the Genji Shoppe, a store that sells a variety of creative dessert which is based from Genji Pie to share the love with your loved one.
Monde Biscuit Indonesian see that art is one of the things that are in 'hype' by the younger generation, seen from various exhibitions and art installations that are around us. And now, the theme of Genji Pie was in collaboration with five talented young artists who will share their originality and uniqueness of the work of visual art to inspire young people in pursuing and realizing their interest.
|Rukmunal Hakim, Lala Bohang, Ykha Amelz, Kelwin Darwono (General Manager Monde Indonesia), Monic Hapsari, Muhammad Taufiq|
And I wanna introduce to you, who is behind the unique and creative murals around Genji Shoppe, here they are :
- Rukmunal Hakim : An illustrator with have a focus on black and white drawings and paintings from Bandung and he was born in color blind but don't let go of his love of art.
- Lala Bohang : A multitalented architect who quit from her job and start focus on her new profession as an illustrator and writer. And her series of works has exhibited in some exhibitions including ARTE 2014 and her solo exhibition titled "Gendis".
- Ykha Amelz : A young illustrator who is very close to music, drawing specialization, website mural design and illustrator - to be top of mind various international brands, musician, magazines, hotel until fashion designer.
- Monica Hapsari : An illustrator, painter, visual artist and stylist specialist hand-crafted paintings with the work that has been recognized as a national to international.
- Muhammad Taufiq (eMTe) : A young Indonesian artists are self-taught and has worked for more than 10 years, specialized in watercolor technique, he has spread a lot of his illustrations - start from gallery exhibition until the product promo advertising. From a line - drawing (sketch), watercolor painting, to computer illustration, he do all his works in detail and unique. He's totally insane!
Today, I was so lucky to attend the launching of Genji Shoppe at Street Gallery (Pondok Indah Mall 3). And now, I wanna invite you for having food culinary from Genji Shoppe. Let's go!
|Magic Cinnamon Pie|
|Magic Cinnamon Pie|
Magic Cinnamon Pie (IDR 28.000), was a crispy Genji pastry with assorted spiced fruit. This was quite refreshing, topped with mint leaves and you'll get the cinnamon flavours.
|Sweet Sweet Love|
Sweet Sweet Love (IDR 35.000), this was a classic one, it will remind your childhood with this heart shape pie! It was balancing with the raspberry tartness, such a sweet and sour pie combination, love to have this at noon!
|Ratatouille Goes Berries|
Ratatouille Goes Berries (IDR 25.000), a sweet combination dessert, with Genji crust / crumble as its base, then topped with strawberry and blueberry cream cheese. You know what? Everyone love this, especially for the Genji crust. I wish I can bring it home, but can't.
|When Sour Meets Choco|
When Sour Meets Choco (IDR 32.000), this was made especially for sweet lovers! Layered of heart-shape Genji pie with chocolate malt enriched with hazelnut, covered with chocolate ganache and served with spring fruit salad. This one also in my favourite list!
|This is Not A Martini|
|This is Not A Martini|
This is Not A Martini (IDR 25.000), layered of white and chocolate mousse, a perfect combination to share with your loved one. Dipped your 5 minis original pie inside! Anyway, the texture wasn't really mousse, it looks like a dipping, softer and smooth.
Sleeping Beauty (IDR 25.000), you'll find mini Genji pie inside a moist, a la minute, strawberry pinkish sponge cake. Made fresh when ordered. Looks so catchy and sweet, no words can describe, I'm in love with this! Anyway, it was served with a choice of chocolate and strawberry sauce, choose your favourite one!
|A Bag of Loves / A Jar of Hearts|
A Bag of Loves / A Jar of Hearts (IDR 20.000 / 100gr), Genji Shoppe also provide a classic-shape-heart pie for you, with chocolate jam inside. Sweety crunch!
Oh ya, one thing that you should remember, Genji Shoppe Pop Up Cafe will be available for the one month only, approximately until May 12th, so you should visit in hurry! And if you visit here, don't forget for taking picture and upload to Instagram using hashtag #GenjiShoppe! Many people love this place and so do you! :)
Follow me at :
Instagram - shelmisetiawan / thedelicaciesjournal
Twitter - @shelmisetiawan / @delicaciesfood
GENJI POP UP CAFE
North Entrance Lobby, Street Gallery
Pondok Indah Mall 3
Instagram : genjipieid